Green Island and Outer Barrier Reef Tour
Explore the outer reef and a tropical island a full day of fun! This Green Island and Outer Barrier Reef tour is perfect for swimmers and non-swimmers alike. Departing from Cairns every day, check-in is at 7:30 am and arriving back into Cairns at 5:30 pm.
Jump aboard our modern, fast catamaran. You will enjoy the trip out in spacious, airconditioned comfort. The first stop is Green Island.
Beautiful Green Island
Firstly, discover this beautiful 6000-year-old coral cay. It is also a National Park on the inner Great Barrier Reef. It is located just 45 minutes by boat from Cairns. Boasting white sandy beaches and lush, tropical rainforest.
You have 2 hours to wander around the island. Snorkel straight off the beach if you like. Meanwhile, keep an eye out for Green Sea Turtles. They love to eat the seagrass which surrounds the island.
Grab an ice-cold drink, build some sandcastles or work on your suntan.
Crystal clear waters oft the Outer Barrier Reef Tour
Everyone should come and visit Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. Add this to your bucket list.
It holds the world’s biggest collection of coral reefs. Not to mention, you can find 1,500 species of fish and 400 types of coral.
This extensive ecosystem was recorded as a World Heritage-listed site in 1981.
There are around 2,500 individual reefs along with 900 islands. Also, thousands of species of tropical fish provide countless brilliant colours.
Great Barrier Reef Pontoon
Scuba dive and snorkel amidst spectacular coral gardens—home to incredible marine life and bright tropical fish. However, if you don’t want to get wet, you can still get the most out of the Great Barrier Reef.
Observe the reef and marine life from the comfort of our spacious semi-submersible submarine. Meanwhile, you can head below to the underwater observatory. Let our reef naturalist explain all the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef to you.
In conclusion, the friendly and experienced crew can’t wait to welcome you aboard and share with you the wonders of this extraordinary part of the world.
- Green Island
- Great Barrier Reef Pontoon
- underwater observatory
- semi-submersible submarine
- 07:30 – 08:30 Check-in at the Great Adventures counter in the Reef Fleet Terminal.
- 08:30 Departure from the Marlin Wharf.
- 09:15 Arrive at Green Island before spending 2 hours exploring the island.
- 11:20 Depart Green Island.
- 12:30 Arrive at outer reef pontoon.
- 13:00 – 14:30 Lunch is served.
- 15:30 Return to the vessel, ready for departure.
- 15:40 Depart the reef, heading back to cairns.
- 17:30 Arrive back into Cairns.
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise.
- Tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns.
- Morning tea cake selection on the outward journey.
- 2-hour stopover on Green Island. Use of snorkelling equipment on the island is also included.
- 3 hours on the outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon.
- Hot and cold buffet lunch with prawns.
- Use of snorkelling equipment.
- Buoyancy vests and lycra suits.
- Reef education presentation.
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour.
- Underwater observatory.
- Eco reef talks with a marine naturalist in the underwater observatory.
- Afternoon tea and coffee available while at the pontoon. Cheese and biscuits on the return journey.
Let our experienced instructors guide you on an underwater adventure! See all the spectacular marine life up close. Wetsuit included. Minimum age 12, and subject to a medical questionnaire.
Scuba-Doo Underwater Scooter
The only place in Australia where you can cruise the reef on this unique underwater scooter. No experience necessary. Good for swimmers and non-swimmers. Minimum age 12, and subject to a medical questionnaire.
Guided Snorkel Tour
Maximise your snorkel experience. Explore the reef with one of our knowledgeable reef interpreters by your side.
Helicopter Scenic Flight
Enjoy spectacular views over the Great Barrier Reef.
- Swim Wear
- Sunscreen, Hat and comfortable shoes
- Money for Souvenirs, drinks and optional extras
Green Island and Great Barrier Reef Adventure departs from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, Cairns
Where Can I Park?
There are a number of parking stations throughout Cairns that are in walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where
Coach transfers from most Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels/accommodation available
Pick up times will be confirmed on the booking confirmation.
We have a passion to show you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. Therefore, please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world. However, also the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice. In addition, we comply with all rules including medical as is the law.
Want to Dive?
Most importantly, avoid disappointment on your Green Island and Great Barrier Reef Adventure. We strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking. Some medical conditions, age and/or medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are very happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us.
However, you may like to consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying After Scuba Diving
For a single no-decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive.
If you complete multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
For example, if Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
In addition, we recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible