Cairns Great Barrier Reef Pontoon on the outer Barrier Reef.
This is the perfect trip for both swimmers and non-swimmers alike. Great Adventures takes you to their all-weather pontoon on the Outer Great Barrier Reef. There are wonderful options for adults, children and families. Departing daily from Green Island at 11:20 am and arriving back on Green Island 3:45 pm
Cairns Great Barrier Reef is a spectacular coral reef that is home to 1500 species of fish, 6 out of the World’s seven marine turtles. The GBR is one of the seven natural wonders of the World, and we look forward to showing it to you.
First, this Cairns Great Barrier Reef Pontoon tour travels to an activity reef platform. This platform offers a range of fantastic activities. So you can see the best of the Great Barrier Reef including an underwater observatory, snorkelling, scuba diving and scuba doo.
Next cruise in comfort onboard a fast and modern catamaran. Then we will arrive at a magnificent outer Great Barrier Reef Pontoon.
Something For Everyone at the Great Barrier Reef Pontoon
During your time at the reef take a semi-submersible coral viewing tour. This tour includes informative commentary. Departing every 30 minutes or as advised.
Then snorkel on the spectacular coral gardens—home to an array of marine life. Turtles and colourful tropical fish are in abundance!
After the visit, the underwater observatory is open throughout the day for coral and fish viewing.
Also try Scuba Doo, where you can cruise around the Great Barrier Reef on an underwater scooter. This optional extra is also suitable for non-swimmers.
- Underwater Observatory
- Scenic helicopter flights
- Scuba doo
- 11:15 am Vessel boarding. Complimentary morning tea/coffee served
- 11:20 am Journey to the Outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon
- 11:20 am Reef Presentation shown on the vessel’s monitors. Snorkelling demonstration by the crew.
- 12:30 pm Arrive at the Outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon.
- 1:00-2:30 pm Time for hot and cold buffet lunch. Enjoy more reef activities or relax on the sundeck and take in the views! Tea and coffee are available while at the platform.
- 3:45 pm Arrive at Green Island.
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise.
- Morning tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns.
- Morning tea cake selection.
- Three hours at the Outer Reef Activity Platform.
- Snorkelling equipment.
- Use of buoyancy vests and stinger suits.
- Reef education presentation.
- Hot and cold buffet lunch.
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour.
- Underwater Observatory.
- A guided Eco Reef Talk in the underwater observatory
- Afternoon tea and coffee available Whilst at the platform. Cheese and biscuits on the return journey
- Introductory scuba diving
- Scenic helicopter flights
- Professional Photos
- Swimming costume, beach towel and also sunglasses
- Hat, sunscreen and comfortable shoes
- Money for drinks, souvenirs as well as optional activities
- A smile and a sense of adventure!
Great Adventures pick up from the Green Island Jetty.
Important Scuba Diving Information
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
Want to dive?
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel, we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking as some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected]
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible