Green Island and Reef Tour
Green Island and Reef pontoon tour experience both Green Island and the Outer Reef in one fantastic day.
This tour suits both non-swimmers and swimmers, with several activities to suit both.
First check-in at the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal at 7:30 am to start this fantastic tour package.
This tour concludes in Cairns at approximately 5:30 pm.
During our voyage, enjoy spacious, airconditioned comfort. The first stop is Green Island.
Starting with Green Island National Park, a 6000-year-old coral cay easily accessible from
You have 2 hours to wander around the island. Discover Snorkeling straight off the beach. Meanwhile, keep an eye out for Green Sea Turtles. They love to eat the seagrass which surrounds the island.
Next, grab an ice-cold drink, build some sandcastles or work on your suntan.
Visiting the Outer Reef
Add Australia’s Great Barrier Reef to your bucket list.
This is the largest living thing on earth, with 1,500 species of fish and 400 types of coral.
The Great Barrier Reef is a World Heritage-listed site and has been since 1981.
There are around 2,500 individual reefs along with 900 islands. Also, thousands of species of tropical fish and coral providing countless brilliant colours.
While visiting this reef pontoon, there are several ways to explore the reef, even if you do not wish to get in the water.
Things to do
Scuba dive and snorkel amidst spectacular coral gardens. While exploring the reef, discover brightly coloured tropical fish and marine life.
There are also great options to see the reef without getting wet.
Non Swimmers can observe the reef and marine life from the semi-submersible submarine. Then watch the marine life cruise by from the comfort of the underwater observatory.
Next, our reef naturalist explains all the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef.
Please take a look at our Kuranda Train, Skyrail and Green Island Tour.
- Green Island
- Great Barrier Reef Pontoon
- underwater observatory
- semi-submersible submarine
- 07:30 – 08:30 First check-in at the Great Adventures counter in the Reef Fleet Terminal.
- 08:30 Departure from the Marlin Wharf.
- 09:15 Arrive at Green Island before spending 2 hours exploring the island.
- 11:20 Depart Green Island.
- 12:30 Then arrive at outer reef pontoon.
- 13:00 – 14:30 Lunch
- 15:30 Next return to the vessel,
- 15:40 Depart the reef, heading back to cairns.
- 17:30 Arrive back into Cairns.
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise.
- First, enjoy tea and coffee are available until departure from Cairns.
- Morning tea
- Next, explore Green Island on our 2-hour stopover.
- Then cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon.
- While we are on the outer reef, enjoy a tot and cold buffet lunch with prawns.
- Snorkelling equipment.
- This tour includes buoyancy vests and lycra suits.
- Reef education presentation.
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour.
- Underwater observatory.
- Eco reef talks with a marine naturalist in the underwater observatory.
- Afternoon tea and coffee are available while at the pontoon.
- Cheese and biscuits on the return journey.
Let our experienced instructors guide you on an underwater adventure! See all the spectacular marine life up close. Wetsuit included. Minimum age 12, and subject to a medical questionnaire.
Scuba-Doo Underwater Scooter
Then, cruise the reef on this unique underwater scooter. No experience is necessary. Suitable for swimmers and non-swimmers. Minimum age 12, and subject to a medical questionnaire.
Guided Snorkel Tour
Maximise your snorkel experience. Explore the reef with one of our knowledgeable reef interpreters by your side.
Helicopter Scenic Flight
Next, enjoy spectacular views over the Great Barrier Reef on a scenic helicopter flight.
- Swimming costumes, beach towel as well as sunglasses
- Sunscreen, Hat and also comfortable shoes
- Money for souvenirs, drinks and optional extras
This tour departs from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, Cairns.
Where Can I Park?
There are several parking stations throughout Cairns within walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where
Coach transfers from most Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels/accommodation are available at an extra cost.
Pick up times will be confirmed on the booking confirmation.
Important information for scuba diving.
Please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Want to Scuba Dive?
Most importantly, avoid disappointment on your Green Island and Great Barrier Reef Adventure.
We recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire. Some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
Our mission is to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are delighted to help you with any questions you may have. Please get in touch with our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected]
However, you may like to consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying After Scuba Diving
For a single no-decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive.
If you complete multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.