Green Island and Reef Tour
Green Island and Reef tour will give you the opportunity to not only explore Green Island, but also the Outer Reef all in one fantastic day.
This Green Island and Outer Great Barrier Reef tour is perfect for swimmers and non-swimmers alike. At the same time, if you wanted to spend a shorter amount of time on the Outer Barrier Reef, as well as some time on an island this package is for you.
From start to finish, this tour will commence check-in at 7:30 am and arrive back into Cairns at approximately 5:30 pm.
During our voyage enjoy spacious, airconditioned comfort. First stop is Green Island.
Next, discover this beautiful 6000-year-old coral cay. It is also a National Park on the inner Great Barrier Reef. Located just 45 minutes by boat from Cairns. Boasting beautiful white sandy beaches and lush, tropical rainforest.
You have 2 hours to wander around the island. Discover Snorkeling straight off the beach. Meanwhile, keep an eye out for Green Sea Turtles. They love to eat the seagrass which surrounds the island.
Next, grab an ice-cold drink, build some sandcastles or work on your suntan.
Visiting the Outer Reef
Everyone should come and visit Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. Add this to your bucket list.
Starting with being the largest living thing on earth, discover 1,500 species of fish together with 400 types of coral.
This extensive ecosystem has been a World Heritage-listed site since 1981.
There are around 2,500 individual reefs along with 900 islands. Also, thousands of species of tropical fish and coral providing countless brilliant colours.
While you are visiting this reef pontoon there are several ways to explore the reef even if you do not wish to get in the water.
Things to do
Scuba dive and snorkel amidst spectacular coral gardens—home to incredible marine life and brightly coloured tropical fish.
There are also great options to see the reef without getting wet.
Observe the reef and marine life from the comfort of our spacious semi-submersible submarine. Meanwhile, head below to the underwater observatory.
Next, our reef naturalist explains all the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef.
In conclusion, the friendly and experienced crew look forward to welcoming you aboard and sharing the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Green Island
- Great Barrier Reef Pontoon
- underwater observatory
- semi-submersible submarine
- 07:30 – 08:30 Check-in at the Great Adventures counter in the Reef Fleet Terminal.
- 08:30 Departure from the Marlin Wharf.
- 09:15 Arrive at Green Island before spending 2 hours exploring the island.
- 11:20 Depart Green Island.
- 12:30 Arrive at outer reef pontoon.
- 13:00 – 14:30 Lunch is served.
- 15:30 Return to the vessel, ready for departure.
- 15:40 Depart the reef, heading back to cairns.
- 17:30 Arrive back into Cairns.
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise.
- Tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns.
- Morning tea cake selection on the outward journey.
- 2-hour stopover on Green Island. Use of snorkelling equipment on the island is also included.
- 3 hours on the outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon.
- Hot and cold buffet lunch with prawns.
- Use of snorkelling equipment.
- Buoyancy vests and lycra suits.
- Reef education presentation.
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour.
- Underwater observatory.
- Eco reef talks with a marine naturalist in the underwater observatory.
- Afternoon tea and coffee available while at the pontoon. Cheese and biscuits on the return journey.
Let our experienced instructors guide you on an underwater adventure! See all the spectacular marine life up close. Wetsuit included. Minimum age 12, and subject to a medical questionnaire.
Scuba-Doo Underwater Scooter
The only place in Australia where you can cruise the reef on this unique underwater scooter. No experience necessary. Good for swimmers and non-swimmers. Minimum age 12, and subject to a medical questionnaire.
Guided Snorkel Tour
Maximise your snorkel experience. Explore the reef with one of our knowledgeable reef interpreters by your side.
Helicopter Scenic Flight
Enjoy spectacular views over the Great Barrier Reef.
- Swimming costumes, beach towel as well as sunglasses
- Sunscreen, Hat and also comfortable shoes
- Money for souvenirs, drinks and optional extras
Green Island and Great Barrier Reef Adventure departs from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, Cairns.
Where Can I Park?
There are several parking stations throughout Cairns in walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where
Coach transfers from most Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels/accommodation are available at an extra cost.
Pick up times will be confirmed on the booking confirmation.
We have a passion for showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. Therefore, please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world. However, also the safest scuba diving record. The Queensland Government Code of Practice regulates us. Also, we comply with all rules, including medical, as is the law.
Want to Scuba Dive?
Most importantly, avoid disappointment on your Green Island and Great Barrier Reef Adventure. We strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking. Some medical conditions, age and/or medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are delighted to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us.
However, you may like to consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying After Scuba Diving
For a single no-decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive.
If you complete multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
For example, if Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
Also, we recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible