About Green Island, a tropical paradise in Queensland, Australia
Interesting facts and information about Green Island will help you plan your trip.
Green Island is also the name of a coral cay located off the coast of Cairns, Queensland, Australia. It is part of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and is a popular tourist destination.
Beautiful coral reefs and crystal-clear waters surround the island, which spans about 12 hectares. It is home to a diverse range of marine life, including tropical fish, sea turtles, and various species of coral.
Visiting Green Island
Visitors can reach Green Island by taking a 45-minute ferry ride from Cairns. The island has a range of visitor facilities, including a resort, restaurants, and shops. Some of the most popular activities on the Island include snorkelling, scuba diving, glass-bottom boat tours, and nature walks. Visitors can also enjoy swimming and sunbathing on the island’s beaches or relax at the island’s resort.
Q. When Should I Visit Green Island?
Q. Where is Green Island located?
Q. How old is Green Island?
Q. What is Green Island?
Q. Is Green Island in Australia?
Q. How Large is Green Island?
Q. Do People Live on Green Island?
Q. What is Green Island's Postcode?
Q. Is There Food Available?
Green Island is a beautiful tropical island located off the coast of Cairns in Queensland, Australia. While the island is relatively small, several dining options are still available. Here are a few places to eat on Green Island:
- Emeralds Restaurant: This is the main restaurant on the island and is located within the Green Island Resort. It serves a variety of cuisines, including seafood, steak, and vegetarian options. The restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor seating with views of the ocean.
- Canopy Grill: This casual outdoor eatery is near the island’s pool and serves burgers, sandwiches, and salads. It’s an excellent option for a quick and simple lunch.
- Lite Bites: This small cafe is located near the beach and serves light snacks, coffee, and ice cream.
- Reflections Pool Bar: This bar is located near the resort’s pool and serves cocktails, beer, and light snacks.
Just to let you know, the dining options on Green Island may be limited, so it’s a good idea to plan and make reservations if possible.
About Green Island: Emerald’s Restaurant
- Breakfast: 7 am to 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:30 to 5:30
- Dinner: 6 pm to close
- Delicious five-star dining, catering for all dietary requirements
- Open from 9:30 am to 4 pm
- Barista coffee and ice cream, snacks, and drinks.
Available from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Reflections Pool Bar
- Open from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., fully licenced.
- Resort guests enjoy their pool, perfect for relaxing on a deck chair and refreshing swims.
I’m Visiting For the Day, What Can I Do There?
Day tour visitors also have a pool for a refreshing dip.
While you are on the island, take a stroll through the rainforest.
During your visit, stop by Marineland Melanesia and be amazed by the giant crocodiles and tribal artefacts.
Beach picnics, romantic dinners on the beach, and room service are also available for Resort guests.